Monday 20 April 2009

Look Up Beauty: Spring branches blossom

Kwanza Cherry Branch

When the trees of spring begin to bloom, you get the added bonus of seeing them all dressed up in perfect shades of pastels, heavily adorned with their beautiful blooming flowers. There is nothing like spring's fashion show of flowering trees and their grand entrance is always impeccably timed. After months of stark landscapes that are devoid of life, the vibrant blossoms arrive just in time for us to get out of our hibernated hide-aways and back into Nature. Thank God for Spring!

Dogwood Tree

If's a nice day like it was last Saturday, I like to go out for a walk wherever I am and spot as many varieties of trees I can find. While I recognize quite a few, there are still some that I don't know, usually the non-flowering types, so pardon me if I don't get the exact names.

Pine Tree

Once I spot an eye-catching tree that is in bloom or close to it, I like to stand under it and look up to the sky. It works best if it is clear and there is a blue sky. Clouds are especially nice too. It gives the tree a new dimension and creates the prettiest backdrop against the colorful flowers and leaves, it even works with pine trees and cones.

White cherry tree

I could sit under these trees and stare up at the sky all day. It's very calming and peaceful, peeking through the branches and watching the sky roll by.

Weeping Cherry Tree

As a child, I used to sky-gaze constantly and I find I still do-- now with a new appreciation for spring's lovely flowering trees.

Norway Maple

Many trees look completely different when blooming flowers as opposed to just leaves, like this Norway maple, for example.

Lilac Tree

It's Earth Day today and I can think of no better way to thank Mother Nature for her earthly treasures than to so sit under one of her creations. So get outside and find a tree, any tree, and look up at the sky. You'll be amazed at the view.

ALL PHOTOS BY THE FLOWER SPY

1 comment:

lifeshighway said...

I am in the C0lumbia/ Baltimore area this weekend and was stunned by the beauty of the cherry trees. No wonder everyone talks about them. You took some wonderful shots.